Tuesday, April 24, 2018

21 Things I Learned Out of Reading


Note: 21 because I just turned 21 last April 7! Yay!





1. Everything is possible. Imagination is your only limit.

2. Oftentimes, fictional characters are better companion than real people.

3. Find the right books for you. That’s when you will definitely be completely suck into the world of literature.

4. Reading gives me the full blown adventure. I get to live thousands of lives, meet great people, and do other technically impossible stuff if ‘reality’, as it is usually defined, is in consideration.

5. Because of books, my perspective of everything around me improved. I continuously learn a lot of important life lessons. In addition, it shows me not only the wicked side of human nature, but also its wonders.

6. Reading helps me cope with daily life challenges including this turbulence inside myself. Without my favorite fictional characters as role models, I don’t know where I will be.

7. It taught me that I can be a better version of myself.

8. There is no such thing as black and white. Only shades of gray in between.

9. Intention over action.

10. Independence is a very satisfying experience.

11.  There is always a reason behind every actions.

12. Try to see the good side of a person.

13. There is always hope to save someone who seemed so damned, and when you find it, go for it, and try to be successful.

14. It is very important that you TRY. A shame when you give up without even trying.

15. Life is all about the choices and facing their consequences with hope and courage.

16. Misunderstood villains are GREAT not because of the bad things they’ve done. They are GREAT because they could change and be the better versions of themselves. There is this never fading light inside all of us.  A light so eternal and powerful that it illuminates the way to redemption, good intentions, and love.

17. Words have power. They are so powerful that they could change even the most outwardly unchangeable.

18. Live your life. Never let the darkness holds you back. No fear of getting lost. (credits to Chris Daughtry)

19. God is great. There’s only one God. He is our Father and we are His forever beloved children.  

20. The things we cannot see, we cannot hear, we cannot touch…all that is abstract without physical forms, are the realest and the most important treasures in this life we could ever find or realize.

21. Lastly, we are the pirates who have gained the rights to sail a ship. Pirates because ‘sailor’ would never compare to our complexity. ‘Gained the rights’ because every day we prove ourselves by trying to be better. ‘Sail a ship’ because this ship represents our life. Sail it. Do not be afraid of turbulent waters, of monsters, of people you will meet. Face them and try your best to overcome them, because this is the only way to find the real you. The real you is someone who is strong, capable…someone who is deserving of all the best things this life could offer.



Thank you for reading!

If you want, you can comment below which among these 21 you like the most. 

❤   ðŸ’“


No comments:

Post a Comment