Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Sejuru Approves: Story Recommendation

This Wattpad story recommendation is a mix of Underrated and Popular stories. Most also came from recent reads. My standard is based from my own preference:

✔️ heroine is not a doormat. heroine has a backbone
✔️ romantic relationship is not toxic (no abuse, non-consensual scenes, no overbearing possesiveness)
✔️ plot-driven story, if not, then character driven. best if both
✔️ contains life lessons (ex. internal conflict and societal issues)
✔️ if the story is R18+ then it's hot enough, nothing less
✔️ engaging plot, rarely cliche
✔️ writing style isn't irritating to the eye
✔️ flow and transition is smooth

Warning: I noticed that the Wattpad recommendation is mostly dominated by stories with erotic romance themes and then those with action. Read at your own risk.

Let's go the list of stories shall we? Arrange in NO order 😊

☘️ In The Devil's Stables
- I read this a long time ago. Historical fiction with romance? Try this one!

☘️ Knight @MyLovelyWriter
- Celeste Academy series is one of my favorite fantasy stories out there! It's so good that I can compare the quality (story-wise) to internationally published books (Maas, Bardugo, and Cassie Clare). This series is an example that it's possible to love a story without admiring the Author. I have issues with the author's personality.

☘️ Storm and Silence @Robthier
- oooooh how much I love the PERSONALITY of Sir Rob! He's very adorable and this story is definitely worth the attention it's garnering these days. I am one of his early readers when he's not yet that popular.

☘️ Grow With The Flow & Beneath What It Seems @zaaaxy
- I plan to read the next installments, these two are very character-driven. She reminds me of Sarah Maas in a sense there's a pattern to her stories: the first half is boring for my taste, but when it reached the turning point, that's where the character driven aspects become obvious. Grovelling in these books is also satisfying. I'm a sucker for a good grovelling.

☘️ Defend Me, Attorney @VeiloftheDark
- I was at the edge of my seat and I could only breathe in relief when there's at least a happy ending in the first book (I doubt in the next). Highly plot-driven story!

☘️ Seduction of Fire @missgrainne
- hot and steamy. i just have an issue after a questionable scene happened but the situation could justify the words uttered so I let it passed.

☘️ Get Dirty @mandie_lee
- hmmm, if I choose top 1 of my recent steamy and inspiring reads, then this is probably the book. It made me buy Bitter, another book of the same Author, from Shopee. Can't wait to read it!

☘️ Chess Pieces: Loki Von Amstel @Hiroyuu101
- oh wow this series is too action-pack + hot romance in a good and inspiring way. Also very plot-driven. Loki's story is specifically my favorite 'coz the heroine is a misunderstood villain and Loki is just too adorable.

☘️ Unwanted Desires @infinityandgalaxies
- yummy, hot, love triangle (or maybe not, still ongoing) super steamy read? Check this out!

☘️ Every Inch Of You @llmaambs
- reverse-harem! I'm not yet done reading this but so far so good.

☘️ Three Doors @threedoorsbooks
- sexually liberating content? It's here. I am in love with the first book.

Inserting my Sejuru's Best of the Best BOOKS (International)

~ title may contain more than one book (duology, trilogy, series)

~ these stories mold me into the person I am today. I owe a lot to reading. Reading literally save my life. Without reading these books you'll see below, I might have already went insane or worst, dead. Not kidding, friends.

~ I treasure these my stories with all of my heart and soul. I've read a lot and these shine the brightest. I would be forever grateful I read them ♥️

🍁 Throne of Glass Series & A Court of Thorns and Roses Series by Sarah J. Maas
- "I am Celaena Sardothien and I will not be afraid."
- I just became teary-eyed all of a sudden. This series means a lot to me. During my darkest days, it's my tether why I kept on striving to survive.
- as far as I know, it's also line up for a TV series adaptation

🍁 Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
- "No mourners, no funerals."
- Damn it, I'm teary-eyed again. This one is filled with so much angst and morally-grey characters and I learned a lot from them. It's going to be a show on Netflix soon.

🍁 Shades of Magic by V.E. Schwab
- "I'm not going to die until I've seen it."
"Seen what?"
"Everything."

- Kell Maresh. Delilah Bard. My friends. My inspiration. I love you so much, guys. Also line up for a TV show.

🍁 Kate Daniels Series & Hidden Legacy Series by Ilona Andrews
- "They were heroes until they became tyrants."
- Highest number of re-reads in my reading history? Here you go. This urban fantasy is.so.freaking.epic.

🍁 The Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana Zapata
- best slow burn contemporary romance ever. The perfect romance story I read.

🍁 The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare
- William Herondale...*cries*
- There's a reason why the world of Shadowhunters is well-loved.

🍁 Stormlight Archive by Brandon Sanderson
- "Strength before weakness. Journey before destination."
- magic system and world-building at its finest

🍁 Air Awakens Series by Elise Kova
- delivers one of the best fantasy + romance + action + adventure combo

🍁 Dragon Kin Series by G.A. Aiken
- one of the best urban fantasy + comedy + romance + adventure + sexy boyfriends

🍁 The Blue Sword by Robin McKinley
- one of the best traditional, epic fantasy + adventure + romance

🍁 An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
- very.lyrical.lines + excellent fantasy plot with romance

And others...😆 I've read a lot of great and good books. Mostly, international as you can see.

🌹🌹🌹

Also check out my stories on Wattpad and Inkitt @Sejuru

I write fantasy, action, mystery-thriller, fanfiction, romance, mature romance (R18+) stories. 

Some titles are:

Misdialed Paramour

ONM: Saving the Anime World

Killer Website

The Vandalism Love Story

🌹🌹🌹

Hope you find a new great read with these recommendation. All quotes in this post are memorized by heart. I didn't search them from the internet or through my notes. Let me end this by quoting one of the best lines I've ever read from Sabaa Tahir's works:

"You are an ember in the ashes, Elias Venturius

You will spark and burn

Ravage and destroy

You cannot stop it

You cannot fight it."

1 comment: